southernflyangler.com

Fly Fishing in the Southeastern US
It is currently Sun May 26, 2019 6:17 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Confused, Disgruntled, and Embarrassed on N.Mills
PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 3:15 pm 
Warpaint Shiner

From all the reports I heard, the DH sect. of the N.Mills has been "On Fire". This past Wednesday, I took my brother and a buddy up there PROMISING fish. Since neither of them have ever flyfished, I'm thinking "Come on DH??? Never had a problem...Should be like shootin fish in a barrel!"......WRONG!!!

The three of us rode bikes following the river up about 1.5 miles to get away from everyone (and apparently the fish too!). I threw everything I had at em!!! confused and pissed...I started trudgin through pools to see if I could kick some up.......never even saw 1!!! got out and just started searching diffrent runs/pools/etc...NADA!!! Couldn't believe it! Did we go up too high?

We gave up and rode back down, about a hundred yards from where we parked we ran into a fella that said he killed em!......rrrriiiiggghhhtt!! So somebody please help me? I even used the same thing this guy used......I mean...come on!!!

Post subject: Re: Confused, Disgruntled, and Embarrassed on N.Mills
PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 3:54 pm 
Brown Trout

The fish don't move very far from where they are stocked. Find the stocking points and you'll generally find the fish.

N Mills can be frustrating, though. One time I killed them just below the main parking lot, but the next time, I didn't even get a strike in that stretch. That's fishing.