southernflyangler.com

Fly Fishing in the Southeastern US
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:41 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Smith today
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 7:46 pm 
Offline
Brown Trout
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 15, 2008 8:29 pm
Posts: 1174
The Smith is fishing well with the extra water.....about a foot higher then normal.Fished two runs today from 11:00 to 3:00 and caught 8 fish all on a stonefly.The extra water has the fish turned on but they are not chasing --only eating what gets in the lane.

Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image

_________________
Family-Friends and painted fish............
"Never let a day go by without telling your CHILDREN & GRAND-CHILDREN how special they are"


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Smith today
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 9:48 pm 
Offline
Brown Trout
User avatar

Joined: Thu Aug 21, 2008 9:10 pm
Posts: 940
Location: Hartsville, SC
Those are real fish! If there was any doubt who the King of the big fish on the Smith is, you just erased all doubt!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Smith today
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 10:05 pm 
Offline
Brook Trout
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 15, 2010 9:08 pm
Posts: 224
Location: Richmond, VA
Nice ones peewee. Seems like the average size fish we see pics of is getting better from that stream.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Smith today
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 10:08 pm 
Offline
Brown Trout
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 05, 2008 7:50 pm
Posts: 2614
Location: the metropolis of Wagener
dshort wrote:
Nice ones peewee. Seems like the average size fish we see pics of is getting better from that stream.


I was thinking the same thing....glad to see things getting better for ya's :D

_________________
"The fish and I were both stunned and disbelieving to find ourselves connected by a line." William Humphrey


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Smith today
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 10:57 pm 
Offline
Brown Trout
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 12, 2008 10:18 am
Posts: 679
Location: Culpeper, VA
Very nice Smoke!!

TC


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Smith today
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 10:58 pm 
Offline
Brown Trout
User avatar

Joined: Thu Aug 21, 2008 9:10 pm
Posts: 940
Location: Hartsville, SC
The further downstream you go the less fish there are. More food per fish equals bigger fish. There are 10 inch fish that are 7 years old way upstream. I do not have the patience required to catch those big ones. You can fish all day and catch 2 or 3. Peewee has the patience, which is why he is the best there is at catching those. :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Smith today
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 11:42 pm 
Offline
Brown Trout
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 13, 2008 8:54 pm
Posts: 1248
Location: Statesboro, GA
5xTippett wrote:
The further downstream you go the less fish there are. More food per fish equals bigger fish. There are 10 inch fish that are 7 years old way upstream. I do not have the patience required to catch those big ones. You can fish all day and catch 2 or 3. Peewee has the patience, which is why he is the best there is at catching those. :lol:


Peewee don't wear a watch... :mrgreen:

_________________
You can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him -- Robert A. Heinlein.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Smith today
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 9:58 am 
Offline
Brown Trout
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 05, 2008 7:50 pm
Posts: 2614
Location: the metropolis of Wagener
croaker wrote:
Peewee don't wear a watch... :mrgreen:



Amen !! That should be a signature line! I've got rules about fishin' No watch...no phone...and I don't give a *$@& when I get back!

_________________
"The fish and I were both stunned and disbelieving to find ourselves connected by a line." William Humphrey


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Smith today
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 11:58 am 
Offline
Brown Trout

Joined: Sat Mar 08, 2008 11:46 am
Posts: 987
Location: Hickory, NC
croaker wrote:
5xTippett wrote:
The further downstream you go the less fish there are. More food per fish equals bigger fish. There are 10 inch fish that are 7 years old way upstream. I do not have the patience required to catch those big ones. You can fish all day and catch 2 or 3. Peewee has the patience, which is why he is the best there is at catching those. :lol:


Peewee don't wear a watch... :mrgreen:


:D

_________________
Life's about havin' FUN!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Smith today
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 12:51 pm 
Offline
Brown Trout
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 15, 2008 8:29 pm
Posts: 1174
....clock always said quiting time when there was work to be done............never could find no tracks in my heart for wearin one.

_________________
Family-Friends and painted fish............
"Never let a day go by without telling your CHILDREN & GRAND-CHILDREN how special they are"


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
phpBB - Creating Communities
Vista theme by HelterSkelter © 2007 ForumImages
Vista images © 2007 Microsoft

Valid XHTML 1.0 Strict Valid CSS!