southernflyangler.com

Fly Fishing in the Southeastern US
It is currently Wed Mar 20, 2019 6:36 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Jan 1st
PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 6:51 am 
Brown Trout

Trout Chaser, Bro Bob and I had planned a trip to Beaver Creek to start '09. The day started out a little rocky. Temp was a balmy 9 degrees, I got the the store for the passes at 7:30. The store was suppose to open at 8, Bobby showed up a couple minutes before 8 and TC arrived right at 8. They only allow 4 rods on the stream and it's first come, first served, no reservations. One other person showed up right before Dave arrived and he had a buddy coming. Nobody came to open the store and a couple more fishermen came in, they took a head count and left. The girl straggled in to open the place 30 minutes late, (good party she said). We got our passes, Bob went back home to get his fishing gear ( good party too) Dave & I filled up on a good healthy breakfast, ham, eggs, sausage gravy and biscuits. With our cholesterol levels pumped up, we headed over the the creek and split up. I got one on shortly.
Hooked up another but did a LDR (just to keep my hands dry)

Bob came back & he & I headed on up stream. Fishing was tough after the quick start. We worked our way up to the honey hole without landing another fish. Before we fished that hole, I went back and got TC to come up and help fish it.

Still no hook up. Broke for lunch about 2 and started over. I worked my way back to the spot where I caught the first fish, worked the hole, then I worked it. After the 10 drift through it, I thought I got a snag, then all hell broke loose.

Thanks for netting it Dave.

That was the last fish I caught. Bob and I went on up stream with Dave fishing behind us. He ended up with 3 landed, including one hog. Unfortunately nobody was with him to take picture. He got some trying to hold it. Hope he posts it.

Great way to start the New Year.