southernflyangler.com

Fly Fishing in the Southeastern US
It is currently Wed Mar 20, 2019 6:31 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Smith--3/28/09
PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 8:30 pm 
Brown Trout

I headed up to Bassett Friday night to spend the night with Al and fish Saturday morning. That rascal woke me up before my appointed Saturday time(8:30). He did feed me though. We headed upstream and fished for a couple of hours before Al had to head back to Fayetteville. We had 6 or 7 between us. I caught 2 in the 10 minutes before I had to meet Al. ( They were stacked in that hole Peewee. :D I'll listen to you a little closer next time. In fact I'll hit it first. :lol: ) After Al left I headed to my normal haunts. I picked up some more browns and a few rainbows before it started to rain hard around 2:30 or 3. The rain shut them completely down. I decided if they didn't want to play, neither would I. I ended up with 12 to hand and several more hooked that got off. Everyone of them on the midge. I am not completely tired of the midges but I am looking forward with great anticipation to beetle time! I talked to BJ today and he said where he was they did not start biting until it started raining. He was in one of my backup spots. :o I told him I wondered who that was. He said he caught about 10 or so. Since he was in one of my spots do I get to count them? What do you think Ralph? You be the judge.