southernflyangler.com

Fly Fishing in the Southeastern US
It is currently Sat Mar 23, 2019 5:33 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: brim
PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 2:59 am 
Brown Trout

Got in yesterday afternoon.....and went out for a quick run on the pond....got about two dozen brim on the popper.....some would smack it right when it first hit the water....but it seemed like the bigger ones would take a minute to hit it.....like Geezer noted you just have to leave it sit still a good while.
No behemoths....but most all of them would go a half pound or more and put up a fiesty fight! :D

At least half of them inhaled those poppers that I made for the smallie show....thank goodness for forceps! :roll:

I'm gonna play around a little and try for some bassums' and hopefully get down on the Savahnna on Thurs. and try for a couple gar or carp....need to tie up some mulberry flies :idea: :D

Post subject: Re: brim
PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 8:13 am 
Brown Trout

Dang, nice bream! I'd sure like to get into a few like those. You and Rivergezer make me sick. :D

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 11:34 am 
Brook Trout

Looks like fun Tom - the stripes on that big one are awesome

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 7:04 pm 
Brown Trout

Very nice Tom.

Mulberry flies have super productive on carp up this way while they were still bearing. Last big carp I caught on the lower French Broad was on a smaller chartreuse and white Clouser. Tied it with calf tail.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 9:25 pm 
Brown Trout

Took the girls out this evening...decided against the fly poles...I'm still not ready to have both of them flailing rods around in a tiny boat :o Kaylee finally got the hang of casting the pole herself...and when she finally calmed down and listened she actually did really well. They both caught a good many again tonight...and we kept about a dozen and a half that were gut hooked. Kaylee was funny...everytime she got a solid one on she would yell "this ones a big shellcracker daddy!" :lol: of course when I tried to get it on video she clammed up....but here is a short clip of each of them......

http://s2.photobucket.com/albums/y38/ov ... GP2683.mp4

http://s2.photobucket.com/albums/y38/ov ... GP2682.mp4

J also foul hooked the first golden shiner I've seen in a long while...but the dang thing was huge! at least a pound!

Diner tommorow night....

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 9:30 pm 
Brown Trout

:)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 9:43 pm 
Brown Trout

teachrtec wrote:
Very nice Tom.

Mulberry flies have super productive on carp up this way while they were still bearing. Last big carp I caught on the lower French Broad was on a smaller chartreuse and white Clouser. Tied it with calf tail.

Brad....I'm probably not gonna get to that this weekend....gotta get to bed and git up early to meet with Billres.....not sure where exactly were gonna put in on the river.....but hopin' to find some bass type fishies tommorow :D