southernflyangler.com

Fly Fishing in the Southeastern US
It is currently Sun May 19, 2019 8:35 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Romp in the Swamp v1.0 reports
PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 1:19 pm 
Brook Trout

OK here is a taste, I'll toss up more photos and a report later in the day!

Awesome time, great group of folks, can't wait to do it again in the fall!

Thanks Tom!

Attachments:
drakesize.jpg
drakesize.jpg [ 141.91 KB | Viewed 4367 times ]

Post subject: Re: Romp in the Swamp v1.0 reports
PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 3:16 pm 
Warpaint Shiner

Tom........After the weekend on the pond.
Attachment:
IMGP1871.JPG
IMGP1871.JPG [ 243.26 KB | Viewed 4343 times ]

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 4:07 pm 
Brown Trout

Ladyoverbrook wrote:
Tom........After the weekend on the pond.
Attachment:
IMGP1871.JPG

Crap....I have nothing to say :oops: :oops: :lol:

(I'll go thru my photos later when I fully recover...but I have no monster fish to report like Peter....he pretty much slayed the fish this weekend! Well done Peter!)

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 5:40 pm 
Brook Trout

Hey Pete, Good Fish! :D

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 7:33 pm 
Brown Trout

No doubt it was a great weekend. I started my journey on Saturday morning, making my way down 77 and onto the backroads of South Carolina:

Eventually, I came across the Metropolis of Wagner:

Finally, I arrived at the home of my friend and gracious host, where I was greeted in a manner consistent with his well-known charm and good will:

I enjoyed the company of an amiable gathering of fishermen and friends:

It was hotter than blue blazes. And Peter caught a fish.

Ok, the story creeps me out, but it is back by popular demand. When I first got there, I missed the swamp turn off and ended up at Overbrook's house. The fellas were across the swamp. Naturally, I looked around just a bit and eventually spied Overbrook's new man cave right on the banks of a dream pond. There on the wall I saw this:

Now, I don't know if we have strict rules of decorum and good taste on this campfire, but I feel the need to report facts as they are. I will tell you this, they are swingin' in Wagener, no doubt about it (or "no bout a'dout it" as the drunk guy said at the Iron Bowl back in 1989 as the police took him out). The 75 cents price tag seemed high to me, especially for a single pack and product kept out in the heat. However, I suspect that Tom turns the inventory pretty quickly.

Overall, the event was a resounding success.

Last edited by Christensen on Mon Jun 13, 2011 7:12 pm, edited 4 times in total.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 4:49 pm 
Brown Trout

Sorry for comin' in so late....but I'm still wiped out! The weekend started out a bit rough as I was still in Savannah at 3 PM on Friday...but barely made it home in time to be there to greet Peter who arrived first....followed by Little Cherokee,Cameron, and OMD . We got to fish the evening bite just a bit and fished until just about midnight.....Peter outfished us all both nights....but everyone caught some decent brim and a few small bass.Had a decent camp fire and some laughs and turned in fairly early....I got up at 4:45 AM just in time to answer Bill's call at 5 AM.."I'm on Overbrook st...where the hell do I go from here?" Friends quickly poured in that morning and we got some good morning fishin' in before the unreasonable heat. These guys had me slaving away all afternoon catering to there every whim all the way up to dinner....when we had some nice ribeyes,organic salad and baked taters. We sat around like bloated scavengers letting our dinners settle until the sun dropped over the trees and hit it again.....I think we just about hit the maximum carrying caapacity on the pond ...as a matter of fact Smokey and Nate almost ran over Little Cherokee....there just was'nt enough room to get by....least that was thier story.Once again we fished beyond dark....but did not give the nocturnal bite a good chance....back to camp for more laughs. Sunday morning we were greeted by another awesome breakfast by Peter.....Nate even got his served to him in bed! ( We later figured out why....ther were several condom wrappers found outside the tent. I brought in $ 42.50 over the weekend.....I knew that machine was going to be a cash cow!) A few of us ventured out briefly Sunday morning.....I made nate row my ass around in the toon cadillac....but did'nt catch much......but as you all have already seen....Peter was happy he gave it one last try....finally ....the pond gave up a nice one....well done Peter!
I had a hell of a good time and hope everyone else enjoyed themselves too.My old man was happy to hear everyone had a good time and said he hardly knew we were there....other than catching a glimpse of a passing boat.....he was impressed with your toon Smokey! We definately need to do it in the fall when the weather is more bearable.....I really felt bad for Nate. I'll have things in even better order and I know the bite will be on....cause I'll shut the feeders off two weeks ahead of time.Anyway....here's a few pics from the weekend and a few short takes.....
OMD got jealous of Peter and Nate and came to me for some lovin'.....
OMD surveying the "honey hole"....
Nate "the morning after"....
OMD "the morning after"....
Smokey "the morning after"
Saturday nights dinner.....
refreshments...

the short takes.......
B-Jay the DJ ......I never told you guys....theres another entertainer in town.....a ventruiliquist who does a "no hands" puppet show entitled "chubby the cucumber" ...I'll let it be a surprise.
Jack double seatin' Peter....we all knew he'd be the one to peep!
Bear trap
Breast stroke
the wishbone
breakfast in bed
lavender oil
floatin in from the dominican
chartruese sneaky petes
"theres no fish in this pond!"
half inch from titty brim.....(I'm still not exactly sure what that means...but it sounded good)
Ribeyes
"whats the snake situation?"...."there are three big muthers on the way up to the crapper.....and one little one over there....but he won't bother you"
OMD wantin some lovin'
football helmets
"I hope for your sake that was just a fart"
" Its for medical reasons...I have MS" ......."yeah....I have glaucoma ...so don't be bogarttin' that stuff!"

"Tom...what brought you to Wagener?" ....."somebody had to breathe some life into this town"
"Tom....what brought you to Wagener?" ...... "I'm in the witness protection plan....they'll never find my ass here!"
"Tom....what brought you to Wagener?"..... "the fantastic night life, fine dining and world class shopping"
"So Tom.....how did you end up in Wagener?" ....." It was an accident"
"Hey Tom....how did you end up in Wagener?"......."If I get asked that one more time I'm gonna leave freakin knuckle prints on someone's forehead!"

The better question is.....How the hell did you all find your way to Wagener???
I hope ya'll find your way back this fall.....it was a blast (all except the heat) Thanks for comin' down everyone....really....I had a lot of fun and appreciate it!

Last edited by overbrook on Mon Jun 13, 2011 4:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 4:57 pm 
Brown Trout

I wanna come in the fall, Overboard.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 7:28 pm 
Brown Trout

Looks like a fine time had by all!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:53 pm 
Brown Trout

Miss Debbie and Garrett said they'd mind the store on Saturday. So, I headed north to the metroplis of Wagener,SC (yep, itsa a big city with one stop light, the town I left from only has flashing caution lights). Earlier than I expected.

Hit a RR crossing with some kind of Train problems...

Hell, soon woulda been a street dance if the train took much longer to get out of the way.

Made it a little further north and came upon a car wreck. Pulled off to the side and checked two dudes in the car nearest and saw no blood or visible injuries. One said his neck hurt the other said his back hurt. Told them to sit tight until the EMT's arrived, since the next guy on the scene was calling 911. Lady got out of the other car asking if her head was bleeding. No blood, just a small bump on her head (looked like a steering wheel noggin' knot to me). Waited 'til the EMT's & Cops got there.

Continued north following Overbrooks numerically challenged highway directions (at least he included the towns and a By God Piggly Wiggly) in his directions :mrgreen:

Paula Deen ain't got shit on Overbrook when it comes to delivering baked taters.

Caught the evenin' bite.

Bill with one on in the glare.

Smokey & Co in the QE2.

I even managed to catch a few.

Tom, thanks fer the invite, vittles and flys!
Congrats Peter on the nice Bass!
Was good to see some old friends again and meet some new ones!

Ain't Life Grand!!!

croaker

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:38 am 
Brown Trout

Sweet

Yawl had too much fun !!!! :mrgreen:

JT