southernflyangler.com

Fly Fishing in the Southeastern US
It is currently Mon Mar 25, 2019 9:33 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Slogging with CHristensen
PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 5:37 pm 
Brown Trout

Went to fish the Yadkin with Christensen on Sunday. Water level was ok, but the river was muddy, reminded me of last years smallie show.
First time here on this water, found it to be pretty wadeable once I found a make shift wading staff I could use to help with my footing. I hate wading when I cant see my feet. Visibility was around 18 inches.

Fishing was slooooow. I endured Christensens harrasments and cat calls about my slow,careful wading...

My slow methodical plodding :twisted: payed off though as I was the only one to catch fish. ( I call it being thorough)

Why Aaaron was even nice enough to let me catch one on his rod while ( at his behest) I tried his new sink tip line. I'd have to say it worked well, after 4 casts I caught a smallie.
as I was reeling in my 8" trophy I hear "F@#$ you Bob give me my rod back" go figure :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

For me the Jury is still out on this river, I would like to see how it fishes with clearer water.

The company sure couldn't be beat though. Thanks Aarron it was good day I enjoyed it!!

Post subject: Re: Slogging with CHristensen
PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 7:39 pm 
Brown Trout

So you were the one fishing with him.....he just referred to you as "this A-hole" when he told me about you catching a fish on his rod. he's a sore loser :lol:
He told me he had the same kind of day we did....but I quickly reminded him that I at least caught a fish! :shock:

Glad ya got into a couple anyway......I swear everytime I go for smallies it has to rain the night before or that morning....what is it like 5 yrs running at the smallie show?? :roll:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 6:18 pm 
Brown Trout

Ha!, Bob, you have really low standards on fishing partners. Pretty soon, you will be fishing with folks like Overbrook. ;) That was cruel to catch a fish with my rod, right in front of my face.

Lets try that creek the local guy told us about. Looking forward to it.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:18 pm 
Brown Trout

Christensen wrote:
Ha!, Bob, you have really low standards on fishing partners. Pretty soon, you will be fishing with folks like Overbrook. ;)

Everybody hits rock bottom at some point :D