Fly Fishing in the Southeastern US
It is currently Mon Mar 25, 2019 9:41 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Re: Savannah river run
PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 8:17 am 
Brown Trout

overbrook wrote:
La_Trucha wrote:
Where about is all these floating? Might have to do a camping trip on this one now that I have enough boats for all 4 of us.

Nando....I'll PM ya info including directions to the put in and take out (don't ever let Cameron give you directions via GPS :twisted: ) in the next day or so.... :D

You do what you want Nando but I have the GPS Coordinates for the put in and take out Jus Sayin.............

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 8:25 am 
Brown Trout

FlyFisher22 wrote:
overbrook wrote:
La_Trucha wrote:
Where about is all these floating? Might have to do a camping trip on this one now that I have enough boats for all 4 of us.

Nando....I'll PM ya info including directions to the put in and take out (don't ever let Cameron give you directions via GPS :twisted: ) in the next day or so.... :D

You do what you want Nando but I have the GPS Coordinates for the put in and take out Jus Sayin.............

You forgot to mention how your GPS also brought you straight to the swamp.......the loooong way. :roll:

I have to admit...as soon as visions of my entire farm burning disolved the "hey watch this" moment was pretty damn funny! :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 12:33 pm 
Brown Trout

FlyFisher22 wrote:
overbrook wrote:
La_Trucha wrote:

You can send me the gps track of the float if you have it. Or just the waypoints.
Thanks!!!!

Can I be the "Frigging Puerto Rican" here?!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 1:19 pm 
Brown Trout

La_Trucha wrote:
You can send me the gps track of the float if you have it. Or just the waypoints.
Thanks!!!!

traitor !!! :twisted:

have a fun ride thru the subdivision....Oh Cameron did'nt tell ya his stupid GPS takes ya the wrong way into the put in also?? :o

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 3:33 pm 
Brown Trout

overbrook wrote:
La_Trucha wrote:
Thanks!!!!

have a fun ride thru the subdivision....Oh Cameron did'nt tell ya his stupid GPS takes ya the wrong way into the put in also?? :o

lol!!! I just got the 2012 maps but seeing that Cam has the same gps I have im sure I will get the run around too. Now, if you think a gps can get me lost you then can BET word of mouth directions WILL get me lost. Im horrible at following directions. Back on the day when I was working on the field I just wanted the house/business address and I had a collection of maps. Telling me what turn to make (especially the way it is done in the south) would be a sure thing that I will get lost..
Hopefully I can make a trip with y'all to the Savannah river....

Can I be the "Frigging Puerto Rican" here?!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 3:37 pm 
Brown Trout

La_Trucha wrote:
overbrook wrote:
La_Trucha wrote:
Thanks!!!!

lol!!! I just got the 2012 maps but seeing that Cam has the same gps I have im sure I will get the run around too. Now, if you think a gps can get me lost you then can BET word of mouth directions WILL get me lost. Im horrible at following directions. Back on the day when I was working on the field I just wanted the house/business address and I had a collection of maps. Telling me what turn to make (especially the way it is done in the south) would be a sure thing that I will get lost..
Hopefully I can make a trip with y'all to the Savannah river....

Nando....seriously the GPS will get you there...but there are a few helpful things I could clue you in on before you go. Maybe google campgrounds around Augusta or N. Augusta SC....or perhaps like you mentioned...come down for a guys weekend first....then you'll know everything you need to know ahead of taking E and the girls.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 1:23 am 
Brown Trout

Went back down yesterday...and things were slow....very slow. I caught maybe 4 or 5 little bass like these all day...

a couple of redbreast...and one gar..

Spotted lots of fish...just could'nt get them interested in anything....as a matter of fact 01pilot called me just as a pair of 2-3 pound largemouths were basically swimming along side the boat. water was really clear and fish just seemed to be cruising....not eating.

Just after catching the gar pictured I thought I hooked a second one.... but it turned out to be about a 2 1/2 - 3 pound smallie ...probably he biggest I've seen yet. but of course he made a leap and threw the hook :twisted:

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 9:08 am 
Brown Trout

Nice Tom, did you get to throw the long rod this time? Did you have someone shuttle your car or did yo just row the top section?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 10:59 am 
Brown Trout

FlyFisher22 wrote:
Nice Tom, did you get to throw the long rod this time? Did you have someone shuttle your car or did yo just row the top section?

Cam....I just stayed in the upper section and carried my crap back up the stairs....which really is'nt all that bad except when the sun is beating down on ya and you have a migraine headache :twisted:

it was 50/50 I threw a few smallie flies I got back in a swap on the drake...tried a couple of bugger like flies with rubber legs....fish just ignored them....but they ignored the lures too....so it was'nt the flies....actually on a good day...I think they would have eaten them...the fish just were'nt eating....they were just cruising....or hunkered down. I keep wanting to throw the gar flies....but it was too hot again and with them not eating much...I did'nt feel like wearing my arms out....plus I had to get off the water in time to pick up the girls from school.