southernflyangler.com

Fly Fishing in the Southeastern US
It is currently Thu Jun 27, 2019 4:58 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Bream Fishing with BillRes and Sir Blake
PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 12:12 pm 
Brown Trout

I had to post this ASAP so that Yawl would get the REAL truth B/4 I get slandered :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Bill drives all the way from Gawgie to tha river. Gets up the next morning and Blake tells him that they are fishing with JT today...................But he does'nt tell Bill WHERE we are fishing. They show up at the landing and I am unhooking the boat. Bill says "Damn ...I drove 8 hours to go bream fishing :o .
Blake says.. "shut up and get in tha boat cause we are really on them ""
WE pull into tha first spot and Blake hammers a couple and Bill realizes that the only flies he has are tailrace bugs. Blake is throwing a varigated Bully. So being the nice guys that we are,we sell Bill a Bully for $14. He makes 1 cast and that wiped that ugly azz tailrace frown off him. Now he and Blake are hammering doubles

Blake decides to run the trolling motor and we pull into the next spot. Blake starts moving toward a little tree and says that the bed is there and I say BS --- back the boat up because the bed is in front of a couple logs. Blake cusses me and backs the boat up. My first cast sinks about 1 inch and a chub bluegill has it.

It was downhill from there on. He yard dogs me all day. He has the boat so damn far from the beds that I can hardly see my bug. Now he says " OK show me something big boy"
I double haul my bully about 60 feet.. It sinks 1 inch and Boom. Now Blake is really obnoxious. damn nigh surled up !!!!!!

We procede to murder the gills. Bill is more than fired up cause we fished a total of 11 spots and fish were on 10 of them and chewing on his $14 Bully.

Fun Day Guys

An' Yawl know that I never lie :mrgreen:
Stone-Man

Post subject: Re: Bream Fishing with BillRes and Sir Blake
PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 7:30 pm 
Brown Trout

Yep....as much as I hate to admit it...the Stoneman knows a bunch about catching bluegills. He called me last week and commands....."meet me at the landing at 9 thirtyish in the morning....we're gonna catch a boatload of real fish". I met him at the landing and we proceeded to fish 10 brim beds full of fish. I had my first taste of bully fishing and it was "perverted". For those of you that don't know....that's JT's highest ranking....heck...it's better than "stupid". The big guy taught me a bunch about catching real fish.

JT honored Billres by showing him his secret beds :D :D . We had a BLT time...yep...a big large time. Bill was quick to say that he would drive that far again to get in on that kind of fishing....."Oh I wish Croaker was here....Oh I wish Croaker was here. I know I can get him up here now....hell....this is better than brim fishing in Georgia". It was another perverted day on the water.

I can't thank the big man enough for taking me under his wing and showing me how to catch a bunch of those real fish. Oh yeah....I'm glad you and Bill didn't keep your fish yesterday....we would still be cleaning them.

Perverted is the word. Thanks again.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 9:30 pm 
Brown Trout

Thanks fer the report and pictures y'all!
Been slim pickins fishin' wise fer me.
Mebbe next time...

Bill, be sure and call before you head back to GA ;) :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 9:55 pm 
Brown Trout

JT is the master when it comes to the gills but be careful, those little beauties can be addictive. Sounds like you all had a good trip and JT has a couple of more converts. You keep hanging out with the man, the PFF will start talking about having a summer gill trip! :o
GJ