southernflyangler.com

Fly Fishing in the Southeastern US
It is currently Tue Mar 26, 2019 9:57 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Veteran's Day Sale
PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 6:46 am 
Rainbow Trout

We're having a storewide Veteran's Day Sale and most items are 20% off. If you're a vet (or active duty or reserve), tack on another 5% discount. Store will be open Vet's Day from 11am-9pm. It's a good time to stock up on cold weather clothing and some accessories. Some stuff is at an even better sale price. (sorry, discounts don't apply to tying materials and tools)

We're only a mile of I-40 or I-77. If you're cruising thru the area, stop in for a visit.

Post subject: Re: Veteran's Day Sale
PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 9:08 pm 
Brown Trout

Richard wrote:
We're only a mile of I-40 or I-77. If you're cruising thru the area, stop in for a visit.

Dang it!! I come thru there all the time.....can you be more specific with directions?? and is there any chance of getting a tractor trailer near there?? maybe just the tractor?? I'd love to have another place to stop!!! :D

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 10:51 am 
Brown Trout

OB-
Richard"s is off of exit 50 on I-77 heading towards town. He is on the far end of downtown, ( Statesville has a small down town) I do not know of a spot where you could park the rig, but if you have just the tractor, there may be some room down by the Church about a block past Richards. Give him a call 704-871-1444 he may know of a spot . The shop is closed Sunday and Monday.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 8:20 pm 
Rainbow Trout

Like Bob said, exit 50 off I-77 (the JRs exit) then about 1.5 miles into downtown on Broad St. ....or exit 150 off I-40 and then about 1.5 miles down hwy 115 (N. Center St.) to the town square and turn rt onto W. Broad.

Tractor trailer parking is tough during normal business hours...and the parking lot in the next block is often full with Mitchell College students. The CVS lot on N. Center st. may be an option but it can be tight as well. Usually...for deliverys the trucks just double park or pull off in a "wide spot" If you come in on Broad, you may be able to turn left a block past Center street and take up the first to parking spaces and then some... Even after hours the spaces can fill due to the kick boxing studio and music studio etc.

We're open until 7pm most nights...Tues thru Friday. But, if you're cruising thru at a different time and want to visit...just call. Happy to open early or stay late when I can.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 9:59 pm 
Brown Trout

Thanks Richard and Bob....yeah...I had called 411 on Sunday and got the hours.....there is a fuel stop by the JC penney Dist center that might allow me to drop the trl for a half hour or so.....and there may be a few other options headed out that way.....I can usually get the tractor darn near anywhere you'd take a car...with obvious height limts and such. I'll sure try to stop in and visit sometime!!! :D