southernflyangler.com

Fly Fishing in the Southeastern US
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2019 2:45 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Anyone else feeling the winter sting?
PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 10:15 pm 
Offline
Brown Trout
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 05, 2008 7:50 pm
Posts: 2614
Location: the metropolis of Wagener
I have'nt been fishing in a couple of weeks...I have a sharp pain deep down inside.....I think it may be serious :shock:

_________________
"The fish and I were both stunned and disbelieving to find ourselves connected by a line." William Humphrey


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Anyone else feeling the winter sting?
PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 10:58 pm 
Offline
Brown Trout
User avatar

Joined: Tue Sep 08, 2009 2:56 pm
Posts: 1621
Location: Marshall NC
Nope fished 3 couple hour trips in last 7 days :)

_________________
Brad_S
I love my son.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Anyone else feeling the winter sting?
PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:12 pm 
Offline
Brown Trout

Joined: Thu Dec 03, 2009 1:32 am
Posts: 758
I'm drowning my sorrows in the treestand. It's about time to get wet though. No more treestand after Jan 1st. Fishing it will be.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Anyone else feeling the winter sting?
PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:44 pm 
Offline
Brown Trout
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 05, 2008 7:50 pm
Posts: 2614
Location: the metropolis of Wagener
fleming13 wrote:
I'm drowning my sorrows in the treestand. It's about time to get wet though. No more treestand after Jan 1st. Fishing it will be.



Yeah....I may need to go shoot something. :o :twisted:

_________________
"The fish and I were both stunned and disbelieving to find ourselves connected by a line." William Humphrey


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Anyone else feeling the winter sting?
PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 5:10 am 
Offline
Brown Trout
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 08, 2008 1:29 pm
Posts: 840
Location: WNC
overbrook wrote:
fleming13 wrote:
I'm drowning my sorrows in the treestand. It's about time to get wet though. No more treestand after Jan 1st. Fishing it will be.



Yeah....I may need to go shoot something. :o :twisted:



Got to get the wife some clays and shells to put under the Tree

I hope it aint me

_________________
Give me a 4 min warning
POH


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Anyone else feeling the winter sting?
PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:19 am 
Offline
Brown Trout
User avatar

Joined: Tue Sep 08, 2009 2:56 pm
Posts: 1621
Location: Marshall NC
Better enjoy my days on the water before Jan 3. They cut the workdays for the spring semester. If we miss a day from this point out we go on Sat. I fear a long semester ahead and a short summer.

_________________
Brad_S
I love my son.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Anyone else feeling the winter sting?
PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 9:55 am 
Offline
Brown Trout
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 5:40 am
Posts: 368
teachrtec wrote:
Better enjoy my days on the water before Jan 3. They cut the workdays for the spring semester. If we miss a day from this point out we go on Sat. I fear a long semester ahead and a short summer.

Life can be difficult, my friend. Unless the New River is frozen and air temps are below freezing, I'm looking forward to fishing for a few hours New Year's Eve and New Year's Day...for the first time since June. :D


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Anyone else feeling the winter sting?
PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 10:13 am 
Offline
Brown Trout
User avatar

Joined: Tue Sep 08, 2009 2:56 pm
Posts: 1621
Location: Marshall NC
rivergeezer wrote:
teachrtec wrote:
Better enjoy my days on the water before Jan 3. They cut the workdays for the spring semester. If we miss a day from this point out we go on Sat. I fear a long semester ahead and a short summer.

Life can be difficult, my friend. Unless the New River is frozen and air temps are below freezing, I'm looking forward to fishing for a few hours New Year's Eve and New Year's Day...for the first time since June. :D


Good for you :) Enjoy it I know having to stay up the hill hasn't been fun for you.

_________________
Brad_S
I love my son.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Anyone else feeling the winter sting?
PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 1:32 pm 
Offline
Brown Trout
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 05, 2008 7:50 pm
Posts: 2614
Location: the metropolis of Wagener
rivergeezer wrote:
teachrtec wrote:
Better enjoy my days on the water before Jan 3. They cut the workdays for the spring semester. If we miss a day from this point out we go on Sat. I fear a long semester ahead and a short summer.

Life can be difficult, my friend. Unless the New River is frozen and air temps are below freezing, I'm looking forward to fishing for a few hours New Year's Eve and New Year's Day...for the first time since June. :D


Hope ya have a good trip Geezer...just be safe!

_________________
"The fish and I were both stunned and disbelieving to find ourselves connected by a line." William Humphrey


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Anyone else feeling the winter sting?
PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 10:12 pm 
Offline
Brown Trout

Joined: Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:42 am
Posts: 880
Location: Charlotte
overbrook wrote:
I have'nt been fishing in a couple of weeks...I have a sharp pain deep down inside.....I think it may be serious :shock:


If you have a topo map and a compass, you might find a pond in your backyard. :idea: or holler if you want to head for the hills.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
phpBB - Creating Communities
Vista theme by HelterSkelter © 2007 ForumImages
Vista images © 2007 Microsoft

Valid XHTML 1.0 Strict Valid CSS!