southernflyangler.com

Fly Fishing in the Southeastern US
It is currently Tue Jan 22, 2019 2:00 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Re: South Charlotte L&T part deux
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 8:38 am 
Brown Trout

I was thinking the same thing. There has always seemed to be an inverse relationship between the amount of adult beverages consumed and the productivity of the tiers....

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:53 am 
Brown Trout

JFey wrote:
Tom,the reason there are no flies in the pics are due to us all tying our "secret" flies. :D

Yo, Jeff-o, would you use your 'secret' fly in the 'secret' hole in the 'secret' river of your avatar? Please answer this using the 'secret' code. We don't want Bearspray or the 'Crawler to leak out the 'secret' info.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:04 pm 
Brown Trout

Although it may not look like it, there were actually more flies tied than beverages consumed on Sunday. It was noted though on several occasions, that just being able to sit around and talk about fly fishing while tying a few flies was some good mental therapy.

And Geezer, I cannot confirm nor deny the existance of a secret river in a secret part of the Western United States where said secret fly was used to catch big cutties. :D

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 5:47 pm 
Brown Trout

The photos are somewhat misleading -- the tying and BS'ing were actually pursued with an admirable degree of seriousness. :D I know I tied at least 7 or 8, which for me (and my clumsy fingers) accounts for a few hours of genuine effort. I also started measuring and using some of those hackle feathers I got into awhile back. It seems I have enough to last for awhile. :oops:

I still need to look at JFey's brookie fly a little more closely and maybe tie one or two of those bad boys. Might need to put that one head-to-head against Overbrook's magic brookie fly and see which one comes out on top.

I know a few others have said they would have liked to attend, and we wish you could have. Sorry for the late notice. We will do it again soon. It was a great way to spend a Sunday afternoon among friends. With duck season whimpering to a close, most Sunday afternoons through March are available. After that, however, my mind turns to long hikes in search of the elusive brook trout.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:33 pm 
Brown Trout

For the record, I doubt any fly I tied would compare to one of Overbrooks creations!

Aaron, March sounds like a pretty good time to try out that new rod I brought over.