southernflyangler.com

Fly Fishing in the Southeastern US
It is currently Wed May 22, 2019 10:23 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Friend, do you suffer from CFFS?
PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 3:35 pm 
Brown Trout

Yes, CFFS (Carpel Fly Fishing Syndrome) is one of those insidious things that creeps up upon us. Sure there are medications and libations that ease the pain, but sometimes CFFS attacks with out warning. To whit: I was making a few relaxing casts at bluegill...Image
Caught a few, then this happened:Image

And happened again. There was nothing to do but quit, let my CFFS-assaulted wrists and forearms rest and heal, then try again when I'm not feeling so abused.

The Whining Geezer

Post subject: Re: Friend, do you suffer from CFFS?
PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 3:55 pm 
Brown Trout

Geez-
I will be more than happy to come down and help relieve some of that pain you suffer from.
Landing those tiny fish must be bothersome and help contribute to the condition of your suffering.
It's the least I could do :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Nice catch!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 7:27 pm 
Brown Trout

Geezer....1st I thought tht stood for can't fish for s**t and figured..."I need to read this!.

Do me a favor cause this has really been bugging me....weigh one of those fattie bluegill if you can.....I keep catching what to me are really good size bluegill....but then when I download the pics they look like runts?

I had one on yesterday ( I was using a 7wt cause I like to toss bass flies too without changing rods) and I caught one that had my rod doubled over and as I started to lift the pig out of the water it snapped an 8 pound leader.

heres a few from yesterday....

judging from the pictures I would have to think some of yours are in excess of 2 pounds?? :o :?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 8:15 pm 
Brown Trout

Tom, itsa perspective kinda thing... Geezer has small hands
:shock:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 5:26 am 
Brown Trout

croaker wrote:

Thats what I keep telling myself....( I use that excuse in the mens room too) :lol: :lol:

Its not that I'm disappointed in the fish I'm catching.....I'm just curious to know if his really are as big as they look....I kinda hope so....gives me even more hope for mine!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 6:32 am 
Brown Trout

overbrook wrote:
croaker wrote:

Thats what I keep telling myself....( I use that excuse in the mens room too) :lol: :lol:

Uh...just what are you fishin' for in the men's room? :o Okay guys, beware someone sitting in the stall next to you, tapping his wading shoe and humming "Falling in Love Again". :?

About weighing the fish, anyone have a suggestion for an accurate, functional, and readable scale that doesn't cost in the 3 figures? I haven't found one that does a good job with small fish. A scale with a hook that either pierces the lip or is shoved up behind the gill cover is not an option.

BTW, those are good looking 'gills, Clyde.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:48 am 
Brown Trout

My old man used to have scales galore....little kitchen scales that would have a scoop like bowl and weigh accurately to an ounce....but I could'nt find one......does'nt matter...went out for a bit this morning and durn near got skunked? Two little dink bluegill and a couple small bass from way back in the pads.....they just were'nt eatin !!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 7:08 pm 
Brown Trout

Devinsdad wrote:
Geez-
I will be more than happy to come down and help relieve some of that pain you suffer from.
Landing those tiny fish must be bothersome and help contribute to the condition of your suffering.
It's the least I could do :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Nice catch!

Bob, you have a PM.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 7:12 pm 
Brown Trout

overbrook wrote:
croaker wrote:

Its not that I'm disappointed in the fish I'm catching.....I'm just curious to know if his really are as big as they look....I kinda hope so....gives me even more hope for mine!

Clyde, I know it's hard to pull yourself from metropolitan downtown Wagram :D, but why don't you come to Loch Geezer and find the answer to your question yourself?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 7:32 pm 
Brown Trout

rivergeezer wrote:
overbrook wrote:
croaker wrote:

Clyde, I know it's hard to pull yourself from metropolitan downtown Wagram :D, but why don't you come to Loch Geezer and find the answer to your question yourself?

Geez, get yer quotes straight... Here is my one and only previuos comment on this thread:

croaker wrote:

:?