southernflyangler.com

Fly Fishing in the Southeastern US
It is currently Tue Jan 22, 2019 12:48 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Wounded Warriors @ NCWRC Pechmann Center on PBS TV
PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:28 pm 
Brown Trout

Here is link to the Wounded Warrior Fishing Program which aired on Channel 4, PBS last evening.

http://video.pbs.org/video/2340443375

Takes a minute to get through the introduction then it goes right to it and runs about 6
minutes.

Post subject: Re: Wounded Warriors @ NCWRC Pechmann Center on PBS TV
PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:25 am 
Brown Trout

All, great stuff! What's the best way to donate to the fishing program? I've got a side business making holsters now and we are trying to donate a portion of the sales to different charities.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:22 pm 
Warpaint Shiner

The Project Healing Waters Charlotte Chapter Program Director is Steve "Nightcrawler" Patterson, you can email him at: sflyft@yahoo.com and Steve will instruct you on how to make a donation to PHW Charlotte.

It's a good program and 100% of donation gets used for helping the Veterans overcome PTSD & TBI injuries.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:49 am 
Brown Trout

Thanks. I think you may have used a few rods I gave through CFFC a while back in that program. I'll keep that in mind too. We recently donated to the program Samaritans Purse has started for veterans and their spouses. We have been staying away from Wounded Warrior lately. They seem to be taking the corporate path and getting away from some of their roots. So, while I probably will not donate to the charity at large I would love to find a way to donate to the part of it that Al has been working with specifically.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:38 am 
Brown Trout

Let me check and get back with you. Right now all of our gear is funded by NCWRC through funds they receive from excise taxes on hunting and fishing gear. We use same gear that our regular fly fishing clinics use.

We have a continuousus need for consumablele items. In the past folks have sent me flies. Some have also donated rods, tying materials, etc, etc which are no longer needed by deceased family member. I place a "donation in kind" value on it and give it all to the Pechmann Center who send a nice thank you letter and NCWRC promotion items (towel, hat, playing cards - whatever is in stock at the time) - The letter can be used as proof of gift giving on your taxes.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 4:38 pm 
Brown Trout

I would be in for some fly tying stuff if nothing else. That may be the best way to ensure it goes directly you you guys. I hardly have time to tie anything anymore. It would give me a good excuse to go see Bo too. Maybe look at buying all the materials for a couple flies. That sounds like a good idea actually.