southernflyangler.com

Fly Fishing in the Southeastern US
It is currently Tue Oct 16, 2018 4:32 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Carolina Mountain Sports
PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 9:32 am 
Rainbow Trout

Carolina Mountain Sports is an outdoor specialty shop focusing on Fly Fishing, Backpacking and Canoes. We carry many of the major brands like Winston, Simms, Fishpond, Loomis, Ross, Cortland, Temple Fork, Rio, Wulff, Scientific Anglers, Renzetti, Patagonia, North Face, Kelty, Columbia, Vasque, Asolo, Western Mountaineering and more... We have expanded the fly tying materials section and have added products by Nature's Spirit. The store offers a variety of casting and fishing classes and fly tying instruction throughout the year. For staff "credentials" and other practical info on fishing, camping and paddling, visit out website at carolinamountainsports.com. Guided wade and float trips are also available in NC, Tenn, and VA. Mail and phone orders are welcome...shipping and handling is just the cost of the postage to get it to you.

We're open till 7pm Tues. thru Fri. and until 9pm on Thurs. Sat. hours are 9-3. Since this is a one-person operation (and "things" come up), it's always worth a call to make sure we are open before traveling a significant distance...704 871-1444.

Last edited by Richard on Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Carolina Mountain Sports
PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 9:51 am 
Brown Trout

Yes, Richard, we know all that. What we want to know is.....Do you sell Flashdancers?
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Nice to see you, sir.

Jule

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 5:03 pm 
Rainbow Trout

Gadzooks...the word is out. I was keeping that particular pattern a closely guarded secret since I was sworn to confidentiality...but now, perhaps, it can come out of the closet....(or at least from the secret inner pocket of my vest).

But, thanks again for the fly and for the for the reminder, I must tie more in anticipation.

Good to hear from you.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 10:16 pm 
Brown Trout

Streamer wrote:
Do you sell Flashdancers? Jule

We have those in Charlotte but I've never seen them in a fly shop.

you run and you run to catch up with the sun but it's sinking, racing around to come up behind you again, the sun is the same in a relative way but you're older, shorter of breath and one day closer to death - Waters, Gilmore, Wright and Mason

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 7:31 pm 
Rainbow Trout

I

Last edited by Richard on Thu Mar 08, 2012 3:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Carolina Mountain Sports 2012 update
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 3:10 pm 
Rainbow Trout

It's been a while since I posted and there have been several changes in the store:
Simms inventory has increased significantly, especially waders and boots (including Felt soles); Waterworks-Lamson reels have been added to our reel selection; Reels and fly boxes from Dave at Flycast Outfitters have been great sellers; the Fly Tying materials section is bulging at the seams with the addition of some new lines and more product; Perception Kayaks have been added (which may also open the door for special orders on Wilderness Systems and Mad River); Patagonia has been added to the outdoor clothing line; and we are now an official distributor for Boy Scout uniforms and accessories. The store's website continues to be updated...and we may even get around to establishing an on-line store (in the meantime, I'll continue to take phone and email orders). Check our late hours on the website and stop in for a visit if you're passing thru

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:12 pm 
Brook Trout

Richard, this is Peter Taylor. I am slammed with work and not sure when I will be able to remember to give you a call, but I am remembering right now!

Those jaws on my presentation 2000 broke again, this time at the screw. I need a new set. Could you order them for me please?

Sorry to post this here, but I was here and I remembered, an increasing rare thing these days.....

BTW, Richard has an excellent shop and it is worth the drive!

pt

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 8:36 am 
Rainbow Trout

Absolutely but will talk with Renzetti first...pm sent