southernflyangler.com

Fly Fishing in the Southeastern US
It is currently Fri Mar 22, 2019 1:02 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Oh yeah... them scissors!
PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 2:19 pm 
Brown Trout

At the rod builders show this spring I stopped at the Renzetti booth to shoot the breeze and saw they had a new pair of scissors out. These are the spring-type scissors I've seen before but never with tips so pointed and so very fine. Renz probably sells them to go along with their automated thread wrapping gizmo to cut rod wrapping thread off close but they hold a place of honor front and center on my tying desk. They just rock at cutting off thread and errant feather barbs and stuff closer than I've ever been able to before short of using a razor blade. These things can't be durable if used for tough stuff but for thread and other small, easy to cut stuff they sure get right down to the base.
They were only $10.00 at the rod builders show but I can't even find them on the Renzetti website. Maybe a call down there will see if they're available or not. Dr. Slick makes similar scissors but looking at the pictures they don't seem nearly as fine pointed as the Renz's.
I need all the help I can get with my tying and since these scissors seem to help I just thought I would share my delight with them.